Have you ever woken up in the morning with dry eyes? The kind that are painful or even blur your vision sometimes?
Maybe it’s chapped lips, itchy skin, or a dry nose? We know, none of those things are very pleasant — but the solution could very well lie in your HVAC system’s humidifier.
It could be that your humidifier is aging and not performing as it should. It could also be that your humidifier isn’t properly matched to the size of your home or your specific heating and cooling needs. In any case, replacing it can help maintain a healthy humidity level in your home and ensure cozy, comfortable mornings. Too often, humidifiers are forgotten as part of the overall health of your home’s HVAC system — here’s why they’re so important.
Health Benefits Of Proper Humidity Levels
- Dry air results in dry skin. This can be extremely uncomfortable and can cause dry eyes, chapped lips, and itchy skin. Using lotion, lip balm, and eye drops can help — but it’s usually not enough. A humidifier that properly maintains moisture levels in your home helps retain your skin moisture — which can help you keep healthier skin, eyes, and lips.
- Dry air can cause mucus to become thicker. This often results in clogged nasal passages which can then lead to a stuffy nose, sore throat, and sinus pain. Humidifiers help by adding moisture to the air in proper levels, which in return helps break up mucus in your nasal passages and chest.
- Dry air can flare up allergies and cold symptoms. Having a humidifier running in the home while you sleep can significantly help reduce symptoms that come along with allergies and colds. This helps to loosen congestion and moisture within the nasal passages both, allowing you to breathe a lot easier — and alleviate scratchy throats. Cool moist air helps everyone get a good night’s rest!
Types Of Humidifiers
We carry two great brands: Aprilaire and Honeywell. Both of these brands are top-of-the-line, premium brands with proven track records of reliability and performance in homes across the US. Here are a couple of key points about each of the humidifier brands we carry.
- In 1954, Aprilaire built the first whole-home humidifier.
- Awarded most energy efficient in 2020
- Awarded by Dealer Designs
- 130+ year HVAC heritage
- Over 150 million households with a Honeywell product installed
How To Choose The Best Humidifier For Your Home
Our comfort specialists are ready to answer your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 224-419-5324! Let us help answer any further questions you might have and get you a free estimate. You can also contact us online to set up your humidifier quote.
At your appointment, one of our local technicians will go over the proper brand and size needed for your home!